- Site Assessment & Estimate Measurements
- Program : what do you want to do with your structure (& property)… dividing terrains, rooms, relations & sizes.
- Materialization : fitting your budget and aesthetics + will you collect & use local, natural & reclaimed materials?
- Sketching : drawing Plans & Elevations with estimate sizes, rough budget, pencil & tracing paper
- 3D mass Model: More insight gained from sketches for exterior mass and interior space.
- Structural Principle : Analyzing Loads, Spans & Forces for Foundation, Bracing, Joints & Estimate Sizing
To help define an optimal interior & systems with exterior floor, wall & roof:
- Analyzing Solar Paths & (Micro) Climates > what are the natural heat-, cold & water flows.
- What are the Average Temperatures & climatic influences > to find a good balance of Thermal Mass, Glazing & Insulation.
- Heating & Ventilation > With Use, Habits & Volume: finding System Specs & Layout.
- Water > For Drinking, to Wash, Irrigation & Fire / Catchment & Storage + Re-Use
3D Modelling for Engineering & Visualization
- Structural Design, finding Simplest Engineering & Detailing.
- Integrate Systems, Interior, Structure & Landscape
- Figure out the Building Sequence for fluid Preparation & swift building.
- Balance Durability & Material Efficiency with Low Maintenance.
- Spatial Design, Lighting, Esthetics, Material & Color Combinations.
- Additional 2D CAD for detailing
- Exact material costs
- Time + Labour Planning
- working from Building Codes to Permits.
- Planning, Estimates & Specifications.
- Building Preparation & Construction Supervising.